In this section
Our charming Coach House, the original stable building of the estate dates back to 1680. Extensive refurbishment of this delightful and historic courtyard area was completed in 2015 and is now perfectly suited to create a very special and unique wedding day.
The Coach House comprises a dramatic double height baronial hall with intricately painted ceiling, a striking tartan library bar with split mezzanine level seating, a picturesque courtyard complete with doocot tower which is perfect for summer ceremonies and drinks, a walled kitchen garden with Glasshouse, and ten en-suite double bedrooms.
We can cater for up to 60 guests for an intimate ceremony and wedding breakfast using our Coach House Hall and bar area without the need to add a marquee, or alternatively, there is the option to add a marquee for weddings for up to 250 guests located just next to The Coach House. Weather permitting, we can offer an outside ceremony in our wonderful gardens in a location of your choice, and of course for photos, the estate offers so many fabulous opportunities to create memorable photos, with simply incredible backdrops of our gardens and the loch.
Our Coach House Spa which encompasses one side of the Coach House can also be booked in conjunction with the rest of The Coach House to add an extra special treat to your guests’ experience.
Wedding ceremonies for up to 95 people can be held in The Coach House Hall. Larger ceremonies can be held in a marquee which can either be located on the grass area just to side, or alternatively, a marquee can be built into our inner courtyard. Garden ceremonies are of course also an option, either situated by the loch (we can offer our wonderful loch side gardens for your ceremony, drinks and photos provided Kinross House itself is not already reserved for another event), or alternatively for outdoor ceremonies, we can also offer our very pretty Coach House inner courtyard. Drinks can be taken around the Courtyard and surrounding gardens areas.
Or, for those preferring a church ceremony, we have a number of churches only a few minutes drive from Kinross Estate.
Catering for Your Wedding Weekend
We have carefully selected a number of fantastic event caterers for you to choose from, all of whom will provide you with a truly memorable and delicious wedding breakfast:
Heritage Portfolio www.heritageportfolio.co.uk
Wild Thyme www.wilde-thyme.co.uk
Ginger Snap www.ginger-snap.co.uk
Dining at The Coach House can be as relaxed or as formal as the party requires and our caterers will be delighted to work with you to create just the right atmosphere for your wedding celebration. For the night before, perhaps an informal barbeque in our Courtyard, or a relaxed buffet in The Dining Hall or in your marquee. Or indeed, there are a number of lovely restaurants in the area where you may prefer to dine the night before.
Your caterers will generally quote a per person price which include an allocation of drinks, a menu and which also includes your hire of tables and chairs.
We also have a full range of recommend excellent suppliers from photographers to florists to bands.
Marquee Hire Costs
If you would like to arrange a marquee wedding, we work with several recommended companies who know the estate well and who will be happy to discuss marquee options, from tipis to glass marquees to your more traditional tented marquees. Marquees can be set up on the grass area immediately in front of The Coach House or alternatively, created within a section of the inner courtyard area. The size of the marquee is tailored to suit each individual wedding. You will be able to style your marquee however you wish, allowing your dreams for the day to come true. Costs for marquees vary depending on your proposed numbers and ideas regarding what style of marquee you would prefer, but as an indication, prices start from approximately £4000. We have our very own five “posh loos” in The Coach House itself so you won’t need to hire in any luxury loo units to sit alongside you marquee which is quite a saving in terms of marquee costs.
Pricing and Coach House Brochure
For pricing info, please get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know potential dates you are thinking of plus your envisaged numbers. Our pricing ranges from £6500-£9500 for a two day hire, depending on time of year and whether it is midweek or weekend.
What we include within your two day hire period:
- For two days - exclusive use of The Kinross Coach House, featuring our Coach House Hall, our striking Tartan Library Bar with mezzanine level, The Garden Courtyard and a walled Kitchen Garden (note The Spa is not included as standard within the package, but can be added on).
- For two nights - 10 charming ensuite double bedrooms including a Bridal Four Poster Honeymoon Suite
- Continental buffet breakfast each morning
- Residential guests can check-in from 1pm and check-out at 11am
- Kinross House loch side gardens access for your ceremony, drinks and photos (*provided Kinross House is not already reserved for another event), alternatively the courtyard & gardens by The Coach House can be offered for a ceremony, photos and drinks.
- Grounds to create a lovely marquee wedding which can be set up either to the front of the Coach House, or in the internal courtyard.
- House staff sufficient to provide a luxury hotel standard service (note your chosen catering company will provide the catering service for the actual wedding day)
- Provision of a full bar facility for the duration of your stay (with drinks charged as taken)
- Courtyard burners and BBQ pit (complete with pizza oven)
- Use of Coach House Sonos System
- Access to the site for preparations and suppliers prior to this time can be arranged (details subject to contract).
- Assistance with the planning and coordination of the wedding, including arranging and facilitating any activities you wish to arrange on the Estate